On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 10:30:09PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:45:08PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >     Fellow BSD'ers,
> >
> >     What kinds of the newer AMD processors worth with FreeBSD?
>
> All.
>
> Kris

Memory:           256MB DDR PC-2100
Processor:        AMD Duron 1.4
Hard drive:       40GB 7200 RPM
Floppy:           SONY 1.44MB 3.5 DRIVE
CD-ROM:           52x32x52 CDRW
DVD-ROM:          None
Modem:    56K Modem
Network:          Integrated ethernet 10/100
Video:    Integrated Graphics
Sound:    Integrated sound
Speakers:         2 Channel Stereo Speakers
Input Devices:    PS/2 Keyboard & Scroll Mouse
Case:     Mid Tower Case 400 WATTS
Operating System: none

        (You're right, Kent, Seymour's law is still true...  So,
        this 1.4 should be plenty fast.)

        Anyway, this one can be a starting point if/when I spring
        for it.  But what about the Video and Sound?  Are the FBSD
        problems going to ID the kind of chipsets on this board?

        Would you gents, Chris, Kent, Kris, recommend a second or
        second and third fan?  The AMD's are known to run hot.
        This is at computersonics, just down the hill and a few/several
        bloks east.

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix