Greetings,
I have djbdns installed and working.  I have been using DNS
on my LAN and having it resolve the names for my local machines.
It forwards any unresolved to my ISP's dns server.

Recently, I have installed qmail on my LAN for internal email.
I used the ./add-mx to add a mx record for my machine which
is running qmail.

the mx record in the data file looks like:
@osborneindustries.com:192.168.1.89:a::86400

If I send test mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], it gets forwarded to
my ISP's email server.  If I send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(name of my qmail server), it gets delivered just fine.

How do I get my mx record setup so that [EMAIL PROTECTED] gets
delivered to mail.osborneindustries.com ?

here are a couple of tests that I ran:

mail# host -t mx osborneindustries.com 192.168.1.1
Using domain server 192.168.1.1:

osborneindustries.com mail is handled (pri=0) by a.mx.osborneindustries.com

mail# host a.mx.osborneindustries.com 192.168.1.1
Using domain server 192.168.1.1:

a.mx.osborneindustries.com has address 192.168.1.89

thanks in advance,
Darryl