On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:51:46PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

>       well, severe troubles on my primary server.. dhcp
>       won't start.  it looks  like troble with bpf...
>       at least when i try to start dhcp by hand, it complains
>       that it can't find a bfp and quit.
>
>       can anybody help me here?  --i am currently rebuilding
>       my kernel with more bfp's in my KERNCONF file--

        People,

        Well, sorry if it is bad-form to reply to my eaelier post.
        MAKEDEV'ing bfp16 may have beenn part of it.  I have a
        more important question; does anybody have any insights
        into *why* when I typed

        # sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd.sh status|stop|start

        did I get a truckload of errors from named[`pid`]??!!
        Nothing I did got the daemon working... .

        I am uusing bind-9 which is installed in /usr/local/sbin/.
        The default bind stuff is in /usr/sbin.  Was part of the
        isc-dhcp* stuff called the contrib named?

        I blew away 5+ hours with my network down.... I sure hope
        someone can de-idiotize me.

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix