Dani Irinchev wrote:

Hi all,

I am willing to try the ndis wrapper for my TrueMobile 1300 card on a Dell
Inspiron 8500 notebook. I installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 and did a cvsup to
CURRENT(25th of May). No custom kernel as of yet.

I'm having problems with this myself, but you do need some custom kernel configuration (see man 4 ndis):

options NDISAPI
device ndis

and a default one

device wlan

PWR.

The module builds but make
load fails. Same is for if_ndis but it is because /sys/modules/ndis load
fails. Error that I get is:

/sbin/kldload -v /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis/ndis.ko

link_elf: symbol __panic undefined

kldload: can't load /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis/ndis.ko: No such file or
directory

*** Error code 1

Any idea about what could be wrong?

Cheers, Dani