Running FreeBSD 5.0 installer, I see a few messages along the lines of "configured IRQ 3 is not in bitmap of irqs" and then the following pair of lines:

ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..

And then the system seems to jam, the drive light still on, and no further progress is made even after several minutes.

Does anyone know what would cause this? The version of FreeBSD I'm trying to install is 5.0. Would creating a newer install CD solve this problem?

The drive I'm trying to install to is a Toshiba MK8025GAS, 2.5" notebook drive. I've successfully installed Windows XP on it to test it, so the drive does not seem to be the problem.

Any ideas?
--
Bob