Thank you for your help Kent. I was successsfully able to rebuild FreeBSD and get 4.10 working.

Dan

Kent Stewart wrote:

On Thursday 27 May 2004 05:47 pm, Dan Ferris wrote:

I started out with 4.9-STABLE iso images.

My cvsup file:

*default host=cvsup2.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs
*default tag=RELENG_4

What may be biting you is you didn't copy the stable-supfile correctly. You probably need

*default delete use-rel-suffix

and you may also need

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
#*default compress

Don't compress the files. People use the context to see what you did wrong. If you don't use something, add a "#" to column 1 like I did on the compress line.

Kent

src-all

make.conf:

NOPROFILE=true
CFLAGS=" -O -pipe"

You don't use quotes on the CFLAG argument.

Dan