I have problems with 2 different if statements that use
metacharacters.

if (/([EMAIL PROTECTED] )/)
 {
  $abuse_email = ${1};
 }

The data line it's reading looks like this,

    remarks:  Please report all problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for
probes, port scans etc.

print($abuse_email) shows that it contains

[EMAIL PROTECTED] for probes, port scans etc.

The xxxxx.xxx can be any size, and any characters

How do I change the if statement so I only get the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
string?

Problem 2.

 {
  $net_block = ${1};
 }

The data is (Net-xxx-xxx-xxx-0-1)
Each xxx group will all ways by 1 to 3 digits long and different
combinations every time.

When matched I want $net_block just to hold  Net-xxx-xxx-xxx-0-1

What is the correct syntax?

Thanks