My RAID-5 array seems to have died this weekend.  After coming back from
a motorcycle-riding class, I noticed my internet connection was down.  I
hooked up a monitor and a keyboard to my FreeBSD box, and noticed that
the OS was no longer running, that the computer had rebooted, and that
the BIOS message was "Insert Bootable Media In The Appropriate Drive".

My understanding is that this may be a result of a known bug (kernel panic in 5.1 causing MBR to overwrite itself). I checked the
drives and all 4 are fine; the RAID BIOS also says the array is intact. Unfortunately, Partition Magic and the FreeBSD install program both indicate that there are no slices or partitions allocated.

Can anyone suggest how I might go about editing the partition table (MBR) to reclaim the array?

--
                                               .    _  .
                                               |\_|/__/|
 | Rishi Chopra                         |    /__| oo |__ \
 | http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rchopra |   |/_ \_/\_/ _\ |
                                             |          ||\
                                               \______//
                                              __|| __||