David Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I want to setup a mail server on my FreeBSD box that runs Postfix and
> Cyrus that authenticates through OpenLDAP and have encryption (ssl?).
> Also, I'd like everything to be database backed... DB3 or DB4?  I
> can't seem to find anything on the internet that will show me how.
>
> Does anyone have know where I can find such a tutorial or howto on the
> net or even a book that I could buy at a bookstore?

Plenty of work ahead. I know you said Postfix, but you might wanna
look at what the qmail-ldap gang is doing, it's a nice system, but
also has a steep learning curve.

http://www.nrg4u.com/

That being said, there's some discussion of integrating Postfix with
LDAP starting on page 148 of Gerald Carter's _LDAP System
Administration_, on O'Reilly.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ldapsa/

Conveniently, this chapter is available as a sample at:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ldapsa/chapter/ch07.pdf