On Wednesday,  2 June 2004 at 11:55:37 +0200, Erik Mossberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a really weird problem, I don't know if it is software or
> hardware related. When I am in the process of extracting a multivolume
> archive (rar) it goes on for a while, then stops, then continues and
> then all of the sudden the computer reboots.
>
> The volume which I try to extract files on is a Vinum volume containing
> 2 Western Digital 36gb SATA raptor disks (striped) connected via a
> Tekram TR822 SATA-controller. Upon reboot it complains about / not being
> properly unmounted, and fsck says something about SUPERBLK, or
> similar.

fsck is trying to tell you something.  If you don't pay attention, it
doesn't help much.

> Can this just be a h/w problem due to overheating?

No idea.

Do you get a panic, or just a spontaneous reboot?

In any case, please read
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html before submitting new
information.

Greg
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key.