On Jun 4, 2004, at 10:10 AM, Simon Timms wrote:

I have tried using several different window managers and different users
in the hopes it was some sort of setting I had accidentally triggered
but to no avail. Has anybody seen this before and how do I fix it?
I assume that it is a problem on the desktop machine since forwarding
does work between the server and other boxes.

Does compression (-C) on ssh have any effect? I've noticed some programs run verrrrry slowwwww without compression (and even then, still run with a bit of lag...like Pan... :-(

Does it work better if you connect to a ssh-forwarded VNC session?

Anything showing up in logs for ssh?