On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:09:04AM -0400, Reed L. O'Brien wrote:
> Matthew, et al:
>
> The info below is interesting and I appreciate it.  I think O wasn't
> clear enough though.  I meant to ask about a kernel option.  Speifically
> options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         #Compatible with FreeBSD4
>
> Does that provide the same result as decribed below?

Right -- that is a kernel option, but it's new in 5.x and I have yet
to get my paws on a 4.x system.

However it's a standard option in the GENERIC kernel, so I'd say you
should incorporate it unless you have a specific reason not to.  Mind
you, as what it seems to do is enable some 4.x specific syscalls (see
/usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES), you will have to enable it in the same
circumstances as you would need the COMPAT4X stuff I described before.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way