Here's the latest in the Continuing Adventures of tracking
        down "why my main server crashes in the wee hours" (usually).

        I had the memory replaced and am no longer losing tons of
        file to badly alloc'd index nodes..... *but*, over the weeks
        that I've ket a /var/log/console.log, tao has usually gone
        down just after 03:00, when the periodic/daily scripts are
        run.

        So: is there any magic-knob I can turn to catch exactly
        which daily file is causing this?   (It may be time to get
        a newer hard drive, but t hat's another issue.)

        thanks, people,

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix