Jacob Rhoden wrote:
Hey,

I have been using freebsd for quite some time now, I have come across
a machine with a 19" viewmaster, whereby if you open a window
bigger than about 500x500 pixels, the monitor resets and degausses
every 8 seconds until you close the window. Has anyone had this
happen to them? And how did you fix it? (Freebsd 5.2.1, fairly current
XFree86 with fairly current KDE).

Thanks,
Jacob

hmm... may be it's something to do with your XF86Config, can you show us what you have there? Usually when you run "startx" it should print the path to XF86Config file it reads.