[moved to -questions, please honour MFT]

* William Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20040606 14:39]:
> Can some one point me in the right direction for setting up a simple Samba
> sever for a home network. It sits snugly behind a FreeBSD firewall So I am
> not terribly concerned with security for the Samba server. Basically The
> setup I want is to have all my windows system be able to write to a
> /usr/samba file system I set up.

1.- install the net/samba-devel (no need for ACL/LDAP/CUPS...)
2.- Glance at the official samba HOWTO found at the samba site. For
a quick start look at
http://se.samba.org/samba/docs/man/howto/FastStart.html#id2509120

qvb
--