Hi list,

One thing, that is making me _not_ using FreeBSD is, that I see no way
to easily upgrade from, say 5.1 to 5.2 (just an example), over network.
I mean, I have a server running, to which I have no physical access. The
only way to maintain it, is over SSH.
The upgrade instructions in INSTALL.txt suggest putting in the CD, and
using sysinstall for a binary upgrade. That is no option for me.

What I am looking for is an upgrade method which
- can be used over an SSH connection
- is not too difficult (like manually placing each piece in the right
place)
- does not leave old stuff on the HD (like the sysinstall method does,
AFAIK)

... to make it short, something like the ports system (especially
portupgrade) does with non-system apps would be cool.

Is there a way to achieve that? This would be the one bit, which would
make me switch to FreeBSD.

/Roman