On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Louis LeBlanc wrote:

Since I've just gotten hold of a shiny new HP PSC photosmart 2510
printer, I'd really like to get some use out of it from my FreeBSD
system (don't want to waste it on the Windoze box).  Does anyone know
if and how this can be done?

First, check for information on that printer on

http://www.linuxprinting.org

There's no PSC 2510, but there is a PSC 2500, which is probably close enough. It uses the hpijs driver.

BTW, it is network capable, and is plugged directly into the hub, with
the link indicating 100TX half duplex.

I've tried apsfilter, and a good many of the ghostscript drivers, but
no good has come of it so far.

See /usr/ports/print/hpijs.