On Tuesday 08 June 2004 01:02 am, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been using /usr/ports/www/firefox for sometime now.
> Recently I installed /usr/ports/www/linux-mozillafirebird to
> experiment with some of the plugins. Something that I noticed was
> that linux-mozillafirebird is blazingly fast compared to firefox.
>
> I'm talking about the speed at which it loads pages is
> _significantly_ faster than that of firefox.
>
> Can anyone suggest reasons for this ?

Not without seeing the build. One of the mozilla options is
"WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS", which sets -O2. That could be one of your
reasons. I don't know if that option works on the port you are
interested in.  I also don't have any other ideas.

> I'm tempted to use /usr/ports/www/linux-mozillafirebird permanently !

I use the FreeBSD native version of Mozilla-1.6 and not any of the Linux
versions.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart