Following up on myself to get an answer into the archives...

I finally managed to finish the release build by adding the LOCAL_SCRIPT variable. This script, run inside the chrooted environment, does the following 3 things:

- create a working /etc/resolv.conf
- pkg_add -r perl
- mount devfs (another show-stopper I bumped into later)

Ruben de Groot wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to build releases of releng_4 on a 5.2.1 system.
Unfortunately, the build fails because there's no perl installed in the chrooted environment.

Any tips or examples would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit
stuck here. Thanks

Ruben