Kenji M wrote:

Hello network gurus,
I'm looking for a good baseline ipfw shaping policy configuration for
people who are using small upstream DSL bandwidth. I have 3Mbit downstream and 768K upstream and I use a ipf for natting and ipfw with dummynet to do traffic shaping. Considering a 750KB upstream
pipe, what size queues would be the most beneficial to balance http, ssh, and other chat protocols sitting behind the natted firewall?

I'm looking for some sample configurations to study.

Any pointers appreciated!

-Kenji

http://bsdvault.net/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=116 should get you started.
Its a bit messy, but Im sure you can use it as a sample configuration and tweak it to fit your needs.