Does the subject line give it all away? Let me elaborate: I'm running FreeBSD 5.2 with the latest port of Tomcat and Perl 5.6.1. So, this is what I'd like to do:

1- Install Apache (latest port) with mod_webapp to forward my port 8080 requests to the appropriate container

2- Upgrade Perl to 5.8.x (to run CGI web apps)

Please, I would love your feedback before I proceed to hose my current configuration. If you know of any issues that I must be aware of, please give me your feedback.

Thank you in advance,
Jason