Hi,

  I am trying to install
Postfix+Cyrus-IMAP+Cyrus-SASL-authd on FreeBSD system.
I've installed all these s/w ... but I face some
problems

1)
#saslpasswd2 username
#setpass succeeded for cyrus
#saslpasswd2 : Couldn't update db  (<== ????)

but I can create a new user option "-c"  and also I
can delete user with option "-d" but receiving the
same error msg (saslpasswd2 : Couldn't update db)

2)
#cyradm --user cyrus localhost
#IMAP Password: ***

Login failed: auththendication failure at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 118

cyradm: can't authenticate to server with as cyrus

(But actually the sasld successfully authendicate the
request and logs in the database-mail, table-log)

3)SMTP
#telnet localhost smtp
# ....
# ...
#QUIT

everything went fine ...but later the I found these
messages in the log file

*****************
postfix/pipe: fatal: user= command-line attribute
specifies mail system owner postfix group id mail
*****************
settings in master.cf are ...

old-cyrus unix  -   n    n       -       -       pipe
flags= user=cyrus argv=/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -r
${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}

cyrus     unix  -   n    n       -       -       pipe
flags= user=cyrus argv=/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -r
${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}
*****************

------
I have set the following options in the imapd.conf
file.

pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: plain     (*)
------
Used the ports colection to install all the s/w,
updated ports using "CVSup", upgraded all installed
s/w using "portupgrade".
------
Created a symlink

ln -s /usr/local/lib/sasl /usr/lib/sasl  (**)
------

Is there anyone to help me out?
If someone of u experienced same problems and solved
somehow please help me to solve these problems.

Thanks

Kumaran