Generally what happens on an install, if you select to install the
freebsd boot loader, is that you'll get a menu upon boot that looks
similar to:

F1  ??
F2  Disk 1

Pressing F1 will boot Windows 2000 (or XP) and pressing F2 will show a
menu such as:

F1  FreeBSD
F2  Disk 0

These menus will just go back and forth if you keep pressing F2.  You
should not need to install Windows 2000 again.  Just make sure you don't
delete that partition.

HTH

Eric F Crist
President