ray wrote:
i did all that :)
i added apmd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf and i also removed the disable line from my kernel config.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 03:13:56PM +0200, Henrik W Lund wrote:

ray wrote:

hi, i have a Sony Vaio PCG-GRZ660 laptop and i'm trying to get apm to work. i have the apmd running. apm displays this:

~# apm
APM version: 1.2
APM Management: Disabled

^^^^^^^^ Look here!

My guess is that you've left the line apm_enable=yes out from your /etc/rc.conf. Put it in there! :-)

If you have it in /etc/rc.conf, check your kernel config to see if it's enabled in there. I believe it is disabled in GENERIC, so you have to enable it. This is for 4.X of course. I don't know about 5.X

-Henrik W Lund

Do a dmesg | grep apm. If that gets you a line saying something like apm0: <APM BIOS> ... or something like that, it's software disabled. Try an apm -e enable. Then run apm again without arguments, and see if it says enabled. If that doesn't work, I guess it's your apm hardware not being supported. :-/

-Henrik W Lund