ray wrote:
ok i did that and got it to go in standby mode but i couldnt resume it
> by tapping keys on the keyboard.

<snip...>

Do a dmesg | grep apm. If that gets you a line saying something like apm0: <APM BIOS> ... or something like that, it's software disabled. Try an apm -e enable. Then run apm again without arguments, and see if it says enabled. If that doesn't work, I guess it's your apm hardware not being supported. :-/

Were you able to resume it by moving the mouse, or were you unable to get it out of standby at all? I suppose this is definitely some hardware issue. Perhaps not a fault per se, just a limitation of your particular controller.

As far as I know, there is no way to configure what takes your PC out of standby/suspend. apmd does have a config file, but apmd is just a wrapper for apm and its config file states what happens prior and posterior (can one say this?) to changing into/out of standby/suspend.

Anyways, if a jerk of the mouse will resume it and a keyboard tap won't, it's still working to some degree, ain't it? ;-)

-Henrik W Lund