> Well, I have no DNS installed, no server at all actually and I use
> mozilla when connecting. The problem is not the browser, right? Perhaps
> a firewall as you mentioned, or, the file /etc/hosts... hosts.allow?

I may have missed something, but how do you connect to your ISP? Dial-up
ppp, PPPoE (DSL), Cable etc?

Do you have a gateway device at your location? What is the output of the
following:

# ping 127.0.0.1
# ping localhost

What is the 'default' entry say when you do:

# netstat -rn

Next, what is the output of the following command?:

# cat /etc/resolv.conf

Regards,

Steve