I think i have isolated part of the problem. The rl driver has some serious problems. Doing a google search i found posts on bugs@ that shows similar log entries to what i'm getting. I suspect the system would not reboot because the network driver was misbehaved.

I swapped out the realtek chipset card with a 3com 3c905c. The system seems to be running more smoothly. So far so good. There is a PR on the realtek driver that's been open since february...

Lucas Holt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]