Hi,

I am using screen 4.00.01 on FREEBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE.
Running the csh-shell everything works correctly inside screen.
But I have a user who is running the bash-shell.
Now this is happening:

        Screen cannot read the .bash_profile unless I set the option in
        .screenrc: shell -$SHELL.
        I recognized this behavior when trying to run vim in screen. In
        .bash_profile vim is set as alias of vi:
        alias vi="vim".
        But screen is not able to read this alias as long as it is set in
        .bash_profile. If the alias is set in .cshrc:
        alias vi vim
        screen is running vim when typing vi (although the shell is still
        bash).

It seems to me that screen is only reading or reacting to the
csh-shell-environment and not to the actual given shell. I tried to set
in .screenrc: shell $SHELL - but no reaction. The only thing that helped is
to set in .screenrc
shell -$SHELL
then the .bash_profile and the bash-environment is accepted by screen.

How can I change this behavior?

Thanx in advance

Oliver
--