On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 03:01:54PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Lewis Thompson wrote:
> >I'm trying to create a port for a Python application that I want to
> >start from local/etc/rc.d.  The command is this:
> >
> >/usr/bin/su freevo -c "/usr/local/bin/freevo -fs start" > /dev/null 2>&1
> >
> >  Unfortunately when I boot up I get a message about Python not being
> >configured/available at this time.
>
> Does the script set $PATH to include the location where python is?  If you
> don't list /usr/local/bin explicitly, this may be the problem...

No, PATH doesn't get set but if I run it as /usr/local/bin/freevo.sh start
from a login shell (i.e. after the system has booted) it works fine.  I
might be getting confused but I think this indicates the script is good
and it's a start-up problem.  Is this just wrong?

  Thanks for your reply,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | url:www.lewiz.org |-