On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:14:44 -0600
Kendall Gifford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bill Sawyer wrote:
> > Jim,
> > I had the same problem. I think it was a tk port, if I recall
> > correctly.
> > The only way I could fix it was to rm -drv /usr/ports & rm my refuse
> > file, then cvsup again. After that, portsdb -Uu ran properly (though
> > it took forever).
> I had the same problem recently since I was blocking all non-english
> ports in my refuse file. Just as was mentioned above, I removed it.
You mentioned that you didn't have a refuse file.
You might want to double check that /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/refuse or
indeed not exist.
find / -name refuse -print #also a handy way, providing your user has
the perms to read the dirs where refuse might be lurking.
> But, I didn't bother to remove my recently cvsup'ed ports collection
> (sans other lang). I just edited my refuse file to allow alternate
> lang ports back in and re-cvsup'ed. Afterward, my portsdb -uU also
Yeah. Something changed a couple of weeks ago. This solution worked for
> So, basically what I'm saying is that I'd try the above recommendation
> but without rm-ing /usr/ports. This should save some download time.
> Plus, if for some reason it doesn't work, you can always clean out your
> ports dir later.
> Kendall Gifford
> WEB: http://kendall.jedis.com/
> EMAIL: REPLY TO NEWSGROUP
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"