Hello,

Sex Maniac wrote:

Hi just want to ask, if I have a perl program, and I
want to turn it into standalone executables/binary.
Question is how ? What programs/packages/ports I must
use ?

First add a line

#!/usr/bin/perl

as the very first line of your perl program. Without indenting or anything. /usr/bin/perl is the default location for freebsd perl interpreter, but you should check, (run command 'which perl') In case your perl interpreter is located in /usr/local/bin/perl or something else, you must change the line accordingly.

Then say

chmod 755 myprogram.pl

and your program runs nicely by just typing its name. Of course it has to be in your command path. From current working directory you can't run programs just like that, say ./myprogram.pl instead.

Juho

Usually in windows98, I can use PerlApp to Turn your
Perl programs into standalone executables (.exe)

I don't want my users can see the source program in
.pl
I want my source program is hidden from user and the
others administrators. So I need the executable
file/binary file only.

Please help.

Thx before

Regards,