__/\____/\_____/\____/|_____________________________________
> flatline
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

"Passive OS fingerprinting tool"
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=p0f&stype=all

Here is a snip from the ports description:
"Passive OS fingerprinting is based on information
coming from a remote host when it establishes a
connection to our system.  Captured packets contain
enough information to identify the operating system.
In contrast to active scanners such as nmap and QueSO,
p0f does not send anything to the host being
identified."
Hope this helps