On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:29:35 -0700
Hemal Pandya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:06:29 -0400 (EDT), Michael Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm having a brain freeze tonight and apparently forgot some
> > basic UNIX commands..
> >
> > what is the command to remove the file "--directory"
> >
> > rm *directory* = nope
> > rm "*directory*" = nope
> > rm \-\-\directory = nope
> > rm -i * = nope and dosent even see the file
> rm ./-directory

funny, though i tried these on a test directory...

rm ./-test
rm -- --test

...neither worked for me.  admittedly, both suggestions are new to me
and i'm likely 'misreading' the statements.  anyhoo, i've always had
success deleting directories with:

rm -r
rm -rf   # if i'm lazy and want to save myself a 'y' and an 'enter', or
simply don't feel like being second guessed.   :)

epi