Fellow BSDers,

        A friend here in Seattle offered to sell his IBM laptop
        for $100.  It needs a new CDROM drive and I don't think it
        has a NIC.  I've been poking around the web and found that
        ebay has several Thinkpad 1400s.

        i'M planning on using the 'festival' text-to-speech
        synthesizer.  Having X would be  a plus, not a necessity.
        One of the Thinkpad-1400s says its screen is "HPA LCD".

        Two questions:  does X11 4.x work with this type of display?
        Also: are there any other (low-cost/used) laptops worth
        considering?  I do like that stick  mouse gadget.

        feedback?

        thanks,

        gary

        PS: This latop will have limited used, not heavy, daily
            pounding.

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix