Hello,

My first post to this list.
I pray that you'll be able to assist me please.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE, and my sister today asked if I
could reinstall her OS on her WinXP machine. I used the WinXP CD
burning utlity to burn "My documents" folder, and stupidly I didn't
check it suceeded, not worked. I then proceeded to reinstall the OS,
thus losing all data, and then found that on all PC's I tried, including
my WinXP laptop, that the CD appears as blank.

When I tried on my FreeBSD machine, a "ls" in the cdrom drive
shows nothing, yet:

london# burncd -f /dev/acd1c msinfo
0,14266

showing that something has been burned. The actual CD looks as if
something has been burned onto it. The data is very important to my
sister, so I really need to try and access it. I am not sure if the CD
closure procedure didn't work as expected.
I tried some CDR recovery applications for Win, but to no avail.

london# burncd -f /dev/acd1c fixate
fixating CD, please wait..
burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCFIXATE): Input/output error

No idea why this happens.

A "du" returns:

london# mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd1c /cdrom
london# cd /cdrom
london# du
2       .
london# ls
london#

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,