Lefteris Tsintjelis wrote:

Hi,

I want to create an internal central FreeBSD distribution point for kernel
sources and ports. In the long term, I would also like to precompile and
distribute packages and sources. Is there any good starting point that
explains all this?

Please CC

TIA

Greetings!!

You would want to look into cvsup, and use it to pull the entire source repository down to your distribution machine, and let cvsup on the other machines connect to it for updating their individual source trees. Check out the handbook for starters, and dig deeper from there.

I'm sure there are other ways of doing this, but this seems to me the easiest.

-Henrik W Lund