Quoting Remi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Well I just got an email back from the manufacturer of the AMD64 laptop I
wanted to buy. Im not sure how it works when switching 64 to i386, but they
say it's not supported in the BIOS(I assume this is where it is suppose to
be changed) So now I come to a cross roads:
1. Buy a 1.7 Centrino
2. Buy a P4 2.8GHz w/ HT
3. Buy the AMD64 laptop

What is the state of the AMD64 version of BSD? Other than that im leaning
toward the 1.7GHz Centrino, but I hear a lot of problems with FreeBSD
working right with Centrino, is this correct? What are the issues?

It runs OK, with some minor nits compared to x86 version. I'm not sure what the
laptop maker is talking about... but if you boot the x86 version of FreeBSD,
it'll work. I think they meant you can't switch from amd64 to x86 after already
booting an OS.

Ken