> Andreas Davour wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>

>>>Hi list,
>>>

>>>1. I've added a 'paw' menu to access the main menu, but I'd like the
>>>win-key to open this menu. possible?
>>>

>>Almost anything is possible, if you work hard enough. Please tell us more
>>about what your environment is before you expect any meaningful answer.
>>You might want to start checking out xmodmap which is good at remapping
>>keys.
>>

>>>3. Annoyances with enemy territory:
>>>

>>Keys: Look above, xmodmap might help.
>>

>>>  - Im getting some delay switching weapons and shooting. I press mouse1
>>>and about 0.5sec later the weapon will shoot. This should be
>>>instantaneous. I don't have any idea on this one, solutions ?
>>>

>>Do remember that you are running the Linux version of ET. It is slower
>>than running native. You are very welcome to try to convince the
>>developers of Enemy Territory to do a FreeBSD version.
>>

> As long as you have a fairly powerful machine you should be able to play
> it without problems. I ran it on a Celeron 2.8 GHz with 256 DDR-333
> without any problems at all. I never used caps lock, so I don't have a
> clue if I ever had problems with it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jorn
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

I will see about this xmodmap, about the shooting delay, I find it odd
because all other actions are timed perfectly except shooting and changing
weapons. My CPU is a 1.4ghz P4.. the game ran fine on windows (no delay).
The FPS are OK, this delay shooting is killing me tho.

I'm pretty sure it's not et-specific, because I also play RtCW, which is a
fair lighter game and I have the same issue. My only guesses are some
problem with the nvidia driver or with moused working on OpenGL..

--
www.6s-gaming.com