On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Eric Crist wrote:

I've installed SASL(Cyrus) according to the instructions found in the
handbook.  I've removed all the proper entries in the relay-domains
file, but I get the following error message now when I try to send mail:

           550 5.7.1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Relaying denied.
Proper authentication required.

What does it say in /var/log/maillog about these attempts? You might need to raise the Sendmail logging level (set LogLevel=14 in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf, restart Sendmail, and try again). Without better information, there's very little anyone can do to help.

Cheers

Richard

--
Richard Stevenson