On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:48:45 -0400, epilogue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i can't help you with the other points, however, if you're looking for a
> _FAST_ browser which can handle flash, try out opera.  the download is
> small, so testing it won't monopolize your dial-up connection all
> afternoon like moz.

I'll join in on the praise for Opera. It really is the best web browser
that's extremely light but still has all the "modern day" features
one would expect from a web browser and then some. I will warn you
about a couple of things, though.

1] The native FreeBSD version is not going to run Flash. I've pulled
out many, many hairs about this but have never gotten the two to
work together. If you want to view Flash, then install the linux-opera
port.
2] You'll be spoiled after using Opera for any length of time. I've been
using Opera for a long time and I simply can't tolerate any other browsers.
The feature set it provides is so expansive that other browsers will seem
utterly gutted in comparison. Ever use vi for a while and then notice that
random ':w' or ':wq' start appearing in places where they shouldn't because
you've gotten so used to the commands? Same idea here.
3] The default interface is not for everyone. Just realize that the interface
is highly configurable so don't let it turn you off if it's not to your liking.

--roop