I got a few responses regarding this post, but I'm really looking for
some positive, "yes, I'm using it" or "I tried and failed":

Having a little trouble ensuring hardware compatibility.

Some of the units we're considering have one of the following NIC chipsets:
VIA 6103
VIA 6303
VIA 6306
Realtek 8201

Looking through the hardware compatibility notes, as well as the man pages
for vr(4), ed(4), and rl(4) doesn't seem to confirm or deny whether any of
these units will work with FreeBSD (although it'd be a little overwhelming
to list every card that isn't supported in the docs ;)

I don't know how different a 6103 is from (for example) a 6105 (which is
mentioned as supported in the man page for vr) so I don't know what the
chances are that it will be supported.  Has anyone used any of these
chipsets, or can anyone say with confidence that these chipsets are very
familiar with supported chipsets?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies