> main.cf doesn't get postmaped.
> only the .map files do.
>
> unless its changed since i last upgraded.

I have never set up Postfix. In fact I have never set up any e-mail
server. I am following a document titled:

Creating a Stable Secure FreeBSD MailServer

found on http://www.bsdhound.com

You can tell about half way though the Author (Soup4You) had two to many
beers so perhaps the postmap was a mistake.

I will not postmap the main.cf file.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question and for setting me
strait. Your help was welcome fast and friendly. I love this community.

Thank you,
Joshua Lewis

Mark