On Jul 8, 2004, at 16:20, Dan Nelson wrote:

nl_langinfo has been provided by libc ever since FreeBSD 4.5.  If
you're running something older, you will have to build a newer libc
(preferably a new world).  I'm not sure why your gettext build decided
that the system had nl_langinfo, though.

Ah! Thanks, I think I know what it might be then :

/etc/make.conf

NOLIBC_R= true # do not build libc_r (re-entrant version of libc)

This was a 4.4 machine thats been slowly upgraded over the years without LIBC_R so that might be the problem.

Thanks,

        : Byron