[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Is there a way that I can allow a user to set the system time without
allowing them to su to root? I can do things using sudo, but I was wondering
if there was a way without using third party software.

You can "chmod u+s date" in order to make it setuid-root, although doing so is not without risk.

If you don't trust a user with root, why would you permit them to change the clock? Why not just configure ntpd and have the system time set correctly and not worry about this at all...

--
-Chuck