On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, epilogue wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:20:43 -0700 (PDT)
> "Joshua Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Does anyone know of an e-mail client that supports importing an outlook
> > .PST file.
> i don't know of clients which support both (not that they don't exist),
> however there are tools out there to convert between the formats. i have
> not used any myself, so i cannot speak to the degree of success in
> converting (though i assume its good).
I recently migrated a friend's e-mail from Outlook [Distress?] to MacOS-X.
I had a bit of handwork, but basically:
1) Exported the Outlook info in 'csv' format
2) Exported a sample address book as csv from my target (maybe the Mac
mail reader - I don't remember, but anyway it's a system resource in
MacOS-X: one address book seems to fit all clients)
3) Loaded both into a spreadsheet - probably StarOffice so try OpenOffice
4) Moved a few fields around so the Outlook export would match the target
5) Saved from the spreadsheet in Data Interchange Format
6) Slurped the *.dif into the new agent.
There are scripts for much of this, but I was as well off 'by hand' for
this one shot. You may be able to skip some steps depending on your source
and target options.
- John Mills
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"