On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:20:40 +1000
"Steven Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey..
>
> Hehe yes I rebooted the server..
>
> It was weird because now its not there anymore..
>
> I had to add it to /etc/rc.conf

glad that we found the problem.  you see, this is the file that 'freebsd'
reads.

> But in /etc/default/rc.conf its default is NO..

everything under /etc/default/ is a file that 'you' read.  in general, you
don't want to make changes to these files (especially deleting them),
because they provide a documented list of the options available to you.
without them, you lose some visibility to your options.

these files can be reinstalled through the installworld/mergemaster
process, so it isn't the end of the world if you mess them up a little.