--On Saturday, July 17, 2004 7:28 PM -0400 Tim Schutt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey People,
ok... My hair is falling out fast enough without me pulling it, so I'm
looking for some help with this:
I've installed postfix and Cyrus SASL on FreeBSD 5.1 and I am having
the worst time getting any authentication to work for smtp-auth. I've
attached log and configuration snips below. Please forgive if there is
an ignorant mistake here... I admit to being fairly new to the whole
UNIX thing.

What do you have in master.cf?

Here's a working one.

smtps inet n - n - - smtpd -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member