On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:29:33 -0500, Andrew L. Gould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thursday 22 July 2004 12:49 pm, Maksym Marchenko wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:53:45 -0500, Andrew L. Gould
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 July 2004 10:27 am, Maksym Marchenko wrote:
>> Andrew L. Gould wrote:

>> > Look for information regarding your laptop brand/model, or
>> > similar models, at:
>> >
>> > http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/
>> >
>> > What version of FreeBSD are you running?  I'm not familiar with
>> > the laptop; but FreeBSD 5.* has problems with many of the older
>> > pcmcia slots.  If you're running FreeBSD 5.*, consider:
>> >
>> > 1. recompiling the kernel using the OLDCARD kernel configuration
>> > file. 2. If ACPI is enabled, try booting with it disabled. (If
>> > it's disabled, try booting with it enabled.)
>> > 3. You might also consider changing to FreeBSD 4.10, the
>> > production version of FreeBSD.
>>
>> I was already at http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/
>>
>> I'm running 5.2 , I had 4.9, bat it was the same trouble.
>> May be 4.10 is better that way ...
>>
>> I've not found a reference about including OLDCARD during kernel
>> compiling. How can I do that?
>
> If I'm reading OLDCARD correctly, it references GENERIC; so if
> you're still using a GENERIC kernel, you can:
>
>    #unless you're the only user on a standalone pc, boot into single
> user #login as root
>    cd /usr/src
>    make clean
>    make buildkernel KERNCONF=OLDCARD
>    make installkernel KERNCONF=OLDCARD
>    shutdown -r now

That is wrote in FreeBSD Handbook:
Procedure 2. Building a Kernel the ``New'' Way

Change to the /usr/src directory.
# cd /usr/src
Compile the kernel.
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
Install the new kernel.
# make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

But I don't know, because elder OLDCARD was bigger, actually that
was like GENERIC. But in 5.2 he isn't so big, only 17 lines

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/i386/conf/OLDCARD?v=RELENG52

So I don't know, can I really do this with that new OLDCARD???

I think so. Look for a line in OLDCARD that says:

        include GENERIC

If you 'make buildkernel' and it finishes successfully, you probably
have a good kernel.  If it errors out, don't install it -- do a 'make
clean' instead.

Thanks for help.

ACPI mode - it says:
WARNING:Driver mistake: repeat make_dev("ttyv0")
panic: don't do that

Single user mode - it says : don't know how to make buildkernel
(I think - because I've installed kernel sources only
(X-Kernel-Developer))

But now I tried it with 4.9  - and it works. But only with 4.9

With 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 didn't. May be 5.2.1 will be better ...

--
Отправлено M2, революционной почтовой программой Opera: http://www.opera.com/