[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi
does anybody know if there is a program like symantec ghost so i can
back up and duplicate ufs file system disks and slices for recovery and
easy duplicating?? I looked at recuse CD but it says ufs is still in
test
also is there any program for resizing slices and partition ? i looked
on ports but found nothing
thank you for help

Greetings!

For backups and duplicates, check out dump(8) and restore(8). Partition/slice resizing is the specialty of fdisk(8) and disklabel(8).

But please, read the documentation before jumping into it, especially with the partitioning. You can really mess up a disk with those. At the very least, back up all your files (which you implied you were going to do, but I'll mention it anyways).

Hope this helps!
-Henrik W Lund