--On Friday, July 23, 2004 01:44:49 AM -0600 RJ45 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello, anyone has tryed FreeBSD with Dell Optiplex sx280 ? I am not interested that audio or X11 graphics is supported, if the main hardware is supported and it works it would be great. anyone has experience with this machine ?

I have FreeBSD 4.9 running on a Dell Optiplex. Not sure which model it is, but it's a 1.7GHz machine with a gig of ram, and it runs fine. I also have it running on a Dell PowerEdge server with a 1 GHz processor, 1 gig of ram. Works fine there as well.

I can't imagine that you'd have any problems, especially since you don't care about sound and graphics. Neither of the above-mentioned Dells have sound or X running on them.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member